Helicopter Mom Returns - 5 More Bits of Unsolicited Advice for the Class of 2018.
Time once again for sage advice from one helicopter mom to her mamma's boy. I am trying hard to be more of a satellite mom, but it's not working out for me. You? If you missed the last installment of Helicopter Mom, you can find it here.
For his eighteenth birthday, I wrote a few reminders given to us in His Word, then wrapped a few trinkets from the dollar store to coincide with the advice. So, not my advice at all, but His.
Here are 5 Reminders of God's Plan for Your Life as You Leave Your Mother:
1) Light can reveal your sins hidden in dark places or reveal the right path.
Matthew 4: 16 - The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death, Light has dawned.
Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light unto my path.
2) There is no luck. Do not wish people, "Good Luck." Instead say, "Godspeed" or "God Bless." God has his hand in everything, in all matters, from the beginning.
John 1:3 - All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
3) The whole world is yours as a blessing. We must care for it and all the people in it - especially those not like you. You are called to transform this world, not conform to it.
Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
4) You will run into so many obstacles in life. How you respond will be a testament of your faith.
James 1:2-4 - My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing
2 Corinthians 12:8-10 - Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
5) Have fun! Do not take yourself so seriously that you legalize your love and faith. Share and enjoy the fruits of your labor, laugh, smile and have a cheerful heart. Serve others always, but don't forget to play. Have fun...just not too much fun!
Proverbs 15:13 - A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
Ecclesiastes 11:9 - Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, And let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; Walk in the ways of your heart, And in the sight of your eyes; But know that for all these, God will bring you into judgment.